This workshop is aimed at anyone having an Elective Caesarean Birth. It may feel like you no longer have any options for your birth if you are planning an elective caesarean birth. This workshop will show you that this is not the case. There are still many things for you to consider and many steps you can take to prepare for a positive caesarean birth.
During this workshop we will look at exactly what you can expect during the caesarean birth, how to prepare and how to support your recovery afterwards.
What you will learn:
- The positive belief that a Caesarean Birth can be a positive experience for a baby, woman and her birth partner
- What is a Caesarean Birth?
- To look forward, optimistically, to a gentle, safe, calm, comfortable and stress free birth
- How to release any fears that may be associated with caesarean birth
- How to relax deeply and quickly using breathing techniques, visualisations and MP3s
- How to promote the production of your hormones to promote bonding and feeding after a caesarean birth
- Breathing techniques that work with your body to maximise your body’s natural relaxation responses
- The knowledge and power to navigate pregnancy and birth if things don’t go as you have planned/hoped
- What happens before, during and after your caesarean birth
and what to expect
- Recovery - top tips